The Capitol Civic Centre Community Chorale announces dates and information for the 2019-20 season. The Chorale is open to adults, providing an opportunity to learn new songs and share the joy of song, with members ranging in age from 17 to 80. Selections include spirituals, popular music, Broadway songs, folk music, and original compositions.
According to Chorale member, Mark Schmitt, “Since moving back to Manitowoc last year, I found the Capitol Civic Centre Community Chorale providing me a chance to do the things I love: learn and perform quality music; connect with other musicians in the area; and support the arts in the Lakeshore. I am impressed with the Millers’ outstanding leadership in this effort – comparable to what I have experienced in larger cities and college settings.”
Dylan Johnston, student and former Chorale member continued, “[The] CCCCC is full of talented singers and musicians that perform beautiful pieces of music. I had learned so much during the two years while I was part of the group. In the last two years, we performed an outstanding concert with combining the MSO and other chorales, singing and playing at the Capitol Civic Centre last year. I enjoyed singing under the direction of Jim and Susie Miller who helped me become a better tenor singer.”
- Interviews: Tuesday, Sept. 10 (Mertens Lounge at the Capitol, 4 to 6 p.m.). Schedule through the Box Office, 683-2184, or call Chorale directors Jim and Susie Miller at 684-4862. Interviews are not necessary for returning singers. Interviews are intended as an opportunity for the directors to access the singer’s voice type and for the singer to meet the directors; they are not auditions.
- Rehearsals: Weekly from 6 to 7:30 p.m., beginning Thursday, Sept. 13, at UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus.
- Performances: At the Capitol Civic Centre Thursday, Dec. 5 and Thursday, Dec. 12 at UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus (Dec. 2 dress rehearsal at the Capitol). Additionally, the Chorale will be the guest choir at “The Accidental Hero” performance April 26 and the UW-Green Bay Lakeshore Wind Ensemble’s “An American Salute” concert May 2, both at the Capitol. There also are opportunities for community performances throughout the year.
- Showcasing Talent: Capitol Community Chorale performances feature soloists, guest instrumentalists, and small-group singers.
- Cost/Tuition: $140 year/$75 semester. Refer a member; if they join the Chorale, the referring member will receive a 25% discount off their tuition. UW-Green Bay students will receive 1 credit (at no charge) for “University Singers” course. To learn more, go online: www.uwgb.edu/manitowoc.
Schedule your interview today and join the Chorale in the joy of song. Call the Box Office, 920-683-2184, prior to September 10.