Lakeshore News, News Around the World

Help for Farmers with Flooding Issues

The Farm Service Agency (FSA) has a program that can provide assistance to farmers who have had to remove livestock from pasture due to flooding.

The program can also provide assistance if the farmer has had to purchase additional feed because of the removal of the livestock from the pasture as well as if any harvested feed has been destroyed due to flooding.

Assistance is provided through the Emergency Livestock Assistance Program or ELAP which is administered by FSA.

Producers who suffer a loss must notify their FSA office within 30 calendar days of when the loss is apparent.

Producers in Calumet and Manitowoc Counties that have questions or would like more information should contact the Manitowoc FSA Office at 920-683-5119, ext. 2.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s