The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) invites media professionals to join the 69th Alice in Dairyland candidates on agricultural tours and during two final interview events that are open to the public.
- Thursday, May 5
- 10:45-Noon – Seneca Foods Tour, 500 S. Clark St., Mayville, WI. NOTE: No photos will be allowed inside the plant. Pants and closed-toe shoes required. No jewelry.
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. – Westphal Tour, 912 Kings Dr., Brownsville, WI (working lunch stop – complimentary lunch provided).
- Friday, May 6
- 8:15 to 9:30 a.m. – Jung Seed Company Tour, 335 S. High St., Randolph, WI.
- 10 to 11:15 a.m. – ANIMART Tour, 1240 Green Valley Rd., Beaver Dam, WI.
- 2:00-3:15 p.m. – United Cooperative Tour, W9710 Co Rd D, Beaver Dam, WI. Please meet near the Grain Office onsite to board bus with candidates for a driving tour of facilities.
- 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Social Hour; 7:00-8:00 p.m. – Dinner*; 8:00-9:00 p.m. – Discussion Panel, Barn at Windy Pine, W11747 Buss Lane, Waterloo, WI. During the Discussion Panel session, candidates will discuss randomly selected topical Wisconsin agriculture subjects. The event is designed to mimic knowledge Alice in Dairyland needs to know as she attends events and interacts with the public throughout the year.
- Saturday, May 7
- 4:30-6:30 p.m. – Finale Social Hour and Banquet*, Turner Hall, 301 S. 4th St., Watertown, WI.
- 7:00-8:30 p.m – Finale Program and Selection of the 69th Alice in Dairyland, Watertown High School, 825 Endeavour Dr., Watertown, WI. Candidates will give final presentations; the host county for 2017 will be announced; and the event will culminate in the announcement of the 69th Alice in Dairyland.
- 8:30 p.m – Media Interviews and Reception, Watertown High School, 825 Endeavour Dr., Watertown, WI. Individual interviews with the 68th and 69th Alices will be available to the media following the program.
*Meals will require advance purchase of a ticket. Discussion Panel meal (Friday), $15; Finale Banquet (Saturday), $25. All other events, including tours and the program portions of both the Discussion Panel and Finale Event are free to the media. Contact Becky Paris at 608-224-5115 or Rebecca.email@example.com for additional details.